I need a basic graphics program that allows me to group items/objects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Ok - I'm in headache day 4 of trying to find the ok art-related program that will allow me to sketch out jewelry and other such designs to send via e-mail,etc...

But nothing I've used so far seems to do the right things. (Palette, Magic Tricks, PhotoEdit are the three main ones I hoped might allow me to do this)
It's not like I need anything fancy. All I want is to be able to design items line by line - group those lines together to form an object and then use those objects to form rough sketches...and then fill in that rought sketch if I want to.

What can I buy that would work - I bought PhotoEdit, but that sucks...it's, actually, a 15 year old program that they 'modernized' just barely with a few added-in special-effect options. I used it when dosshell was OS king.

Any help on this?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Adobe Illustrator would be your best option in my opinion.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Thank you.
Sounds good.

For a while I was determined not to spend more money on it - but since my business hinges on doing just this I'd be a fool not to buy something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Silverfroth said:
Thank you.
Sounds good.

For a while I was determined not to spend more money on it - but since my business hinges on doing just this I'd be a fool not to buy something.

I'd suggest downloading a demo first from Adobe. Look up a few tuts, and make your very familiar with the pen tool. It's very strange to use at first, but allows for incredible accuracy if used correctly. Also, being vector files, you have immense detail with relatively small file sizes.

Illustrator is great for technical illustrations. Here's some examples of vector work I've done, to give you an idea of styles and details possible.
Glue Dispenser

Skyline

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.