Lost my preferences

B

brynmr

I think I accidentally deleted my original preferences for my internet explorer. I'm getting a preference panels are missing message when I hit the preferences button and it tells me to copy from the original but I cannot find the original. I've gone into the previous systems folder but it tells me the application that created it is missing. How do I get my preferences back or create new ones? Thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I believe this will restore your prefs.

In your "old" system folder go to the "Preferences" folder. Copy the "Explorer" folder to the "Preferences" folder of your current System folder.

OP
B

brynmr

immdb said:
I believe this will restore your prefs.

In your "old" system folder go to the "Preferences" folder. Copy the "Explorer" folder to the "Preferences" folder of your current System folder.

I went back into my old systems folder and no preferences to be found anywhere. I must have deleted them as well. I did succeed in downloading the preferences from the original CD. Took a while to find them but it worked. Thanks for the help immdb. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.