• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Is there a way to put avi files into iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey there everyone,

I'm just wondering if there is any way to import an. avi file into iTunes?

Possibly by converting it?

Only I have noticed that Front Row will look for shared video but only from other iTunes libraries on the network.

Is there any way to get round this?

Regards,

Chris. :mac:

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
does this program work on Windows?

what I have you see is a large collection of .avi files on my windows PC and I want to be able to access them via the network through Front Row.

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
MrChris said:
does this program work on Windows?

what I have you see is a large collection of .avi files on my windows PC and I want to be able to access them via the network through Front Row.

Regards,

Chris.

Try it...

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Ok so I had a go with that program but unfortunately it only work on MAC, which kind of defeats the point for me lol.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
MrChris said:
Ok so I had a go with that program but unfortunately it only work on MAC, which kind of defeats the point for me lol.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

I just successfully converted an .avi file into an .avi.ff.mp4 file which iTunes accepted. I used ffmpegX and encoded the file using the H264 [.mp4] (mencoder) codec.

On your PC I would try this using the same codec as I did:

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/ImTOO-DVD-to-Pocket-PC-Ripper-download_28819.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.