new and clueless

M

meganeight

I am a diehard pc'er I just started a new job [graphic designer] and have 2 computers at work, all the graphic programs are on the mac [which I learned on in college, most graphic classes are on a mac] but once otta college revert right back to my pc and never learned much about the mac os and hardware.
Now my question is how in the heck do you install software and different little programs on the mac? No matter what I try to install, I get the same error that it doesn't recognize it and that it cannot locate the program that made the file. And yes I am using software made for the mac.
what is the deal??????
I am very frustrated!!
How do I get software on this cotton pickin thing?

OP
S

StarManta

Had you not specifically said you were using software made for the Mac, I'd have said you were trying to use windows software....
Current theory: you're trying to run Mac OS 9 programs on a computer that runs OS X and doesn't have classic mode.... I don't know what a fix would be except to make sure you have modern versions of your programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ditto.. that sounds about right..

OP
M

meganeight

StarManta said:
Had you not specifically said you were using software made for the Mac, I'd have said you were trying to use windows software....
Current theory: you're trying to run Mac OS 9 programs on a computer that runs OS X and doesn't have classic mode.... I don't know what a fix would be except to make sure you have modern versions of your programs.

The operating system is 9.1, is that old and obsolete???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OS X is a major upgrade over all the previous OSs

The upgrade from 9 - X is equivalent in the windows world from 3.1 to 95

OP
M

mrchaotica

trpnmonkey41 said:
OS X is a major upgrade over all the previous OSs

The upgrade from 9 - X is equivalent in the windows world from 3.1 to 95

I disagree... I'd say it's more equivalent to upgrading straight from 3.1 to XP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.