Hel,I'm new to Imac

M

Maplesyrupchick

Hiya,

My last pc,it was a HP just gave up recently,so I received a secound had Imac,from 2003.Now it's needs to be updated and can only do this with an "administrator" password,and I don't have it,and can't get a hold of the person from whom it was,he moved to Holland (I'm a canadian residing in Belgium) and don't have his new number yet,is there any way to get a new password or something??? :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP | 2 GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 320 GB External | Canon 20D and lotsof lenses
Not sure of a new password (new to Macs myself) but if you have the install disk and don't care what's on the system you could always do a clean reinstall of the OS (I'm assuming) and this will allow you to enter your own Administrator password.

Also have you tried everyone's common defaults? The enter key, admin, adminstrator etc? You'd be surprised on how many systems those passwords work for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have the System disc or a current version of OSX disc, you can boot from the disc (holding down the C key while it boots). When you get to the installer screens look in the menu bar for tools. Somewhere in there is a utility that will allow you to reset the password on the existing account. The exact location of this utility varies on different versions of OSX, so if you tell us which version you have discs for, we may be able to help you find it easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.