Tax return forms chopped off when printing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
My mom is finally getting around to filing her tax return (they were flooded out in katrina and got an extension), and I am trying to print the online PDF forms for her.

When I print the various forms, they all get cut off at the bottom. I am using a brand new HP deskjet that has the latest universal drivers (came installed with X 10.4) I checked the web site and nothing newer has been released.

Is there some way to adjust the margins that I am just not finding? The only way I have found so far to print these forms without the bottom getting cut off is to scale down to 90%, but this makes the print job take like 20 times longer.

Any clues for a MacBook noob?

Reaction score
if its a pdf open it in adobe reader NOT image viewer. When you go to the print screen select 'fit to screen'

wax32 said:
My mom is finally getting around to filing her tax return (they were flooded out in katrina and got an extension), and I am trying to print the online PDF forms for her.

When I print the various forms, they all get cut off at the bottom. I am using a brand new HP deskjet that has the latest universal drivers (came installed with X 10.4) I checked the web site and nothing newer has been released.

Is there some way to adjust the margins that I am just not finding? The only way I have found so far to print these forms without the bottom getting cut off is to scale down to 90%, but this makes the print job take like 20 times longer.

Any clues for a MacBook noob?

Reaction score
climbguy said:
if its a pdf open it in adobe reader NOT image viewer. When you go to the print screen select 'fit to screen'

As climbguy stated ^^ you're going to need to download Adobe Acrobat to open the downloaded PDF. I can't figure out any other way myself.

~

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys, I'll give that a try.

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That worked, you guys are great! =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.