• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

bumper stickers on my MacBook

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting some stickers on my computer. How easily do they come off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
I've never placed bumper stickers on a laptop but I would imagine it would be more difficult to take off of your gorgeous Macbook. I say this because you would not be able to use a scraper tool or harsh abrasive to get all of the glue off.

Why would you want to do that to such a beautiful machine in the first place?

OP
C
Reaction score
I work for a political organization and would like to show my support.

Reaction score
climbguy said:
I work for a political organization and would like to show my support.

Well, in that case, if the heat doesn't cause the glue to get extremely tacky, you may be able to pull them right off. If you need to use an agent, I recommend Goo Gone. It doesn't seem to stain or leave a residue.

OP
C
Reaction score
Has anyone taken them off before? I mean i see a lot of macs with stickers on them and figure people must want to take them off at some point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I think if you want to know how to remove a sticker off your computer, you probably shouldnt put it on there in the first place. I imagine that most people putting stickers on their comps dont ever think about taking them off. If you do put them on there, I would try to pull them off and use goo gone or something and lightly rub away the residue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If they're the plasticy type of sticker they should come right off... if they feel more like paper, don't bother!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Put a small test piece on first then try and get it off.Sometimes vinegar works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
climbguy said:
Has anyone taken them off before? I mean i see a lot of macs with stickers on them and figure people must want to take them off at some point.
I'm sure they would like to take them off at some point. The thing is... they don't think of that when they are putting them on. Stickers of any kind can be tricky to get off and will still leave a residue if you do manage to get them off, leaving you to try and find a way to clean that off without ruining your notebook's finish.
My advice... leave it be. Your political organization will be quiet for a while after November but your sticker will still be there. There are plenty of other ways to show your support that won't possibly damage or mar the outside of an expensive notebook computer. :black:

Reaction score
There may even be other ways to attach it other than the adhesive on the sticker itself...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.