• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wii: November 19

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
So, I pre-ordered my Wii this morning. My parents let me go to school a few hours late (yes, they are awesome!) and i sat out in front of EB Games for two hours. Sounds boring, I know. But I thought ahead, I dressed warm (like30 something degrees out), brought chairs (even brought an extra for someone who wanted it. yes im a nice guy.), brought a blanket, and a radio to listen to Rover's Morning Glory (i dont know if any of you listen to that show, but its my favorite radio program, followed by O&A). So I was totally prepared and comfortable. The people there were cool too. I had some good video game conversations and had some fun. I was #7 in line and they're going to get 8 so i just lucked out. Has anyone else preordered the Wii or the PS3? I was set on the PS3 until E3 and they announced the price. At that point, I said Sony went over the line and gave up on next gen consoles. Then I heard about the Wii's innovative gameplay and other features and I was sold. I think its probably the most innovative system ive seen. I'm really pumped about its release. I also pre-ordered Zelda, a second controller (remote and nunchuck), and a memory card to download old games on to. I really can't get over how excited over a nintendo product i am. I haven't been this excited since probably the N64 and I was just a wee chap when that came out. I really think nintendo has a great product on their hands with this one! What do you all think?

S

sursuciofla

Boy, I didn't even know new Nintendo was coming out. Guess I am getting old! I just want Super Nintendo so I can play "Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past" I miss that game.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the best thing about the wii is u can download all the old original nintendo, super nintendo, and N64 games and play them on the wii, plus be able to play gamecube and wii games. you should check it out at wii's website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I pre-ordered the Wii and Zelda on Wednesday at FYE. I am so freaking excited for this system to come out. I think the Wiimote could be the greatest innovation in video games in the last decade. Look at how many jaded old gamers are excited about this system. I'm even looking to pick up some Gamecube games since I never bought one.

As for the PS3, I have no desire to play it, but I think I'll camp out when it's released to sell it on eBay. Yeah, I might be greedy, but so is Sony.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I had reserved Zelda literally a year and a half ago when it was supposed to be out by the end of 2005 for the Game Cube, now I am transferring it over to the Wii version.

I sent my nephew out yesterday to reserve a Wii for me at the local gamestop and he was 15th in line, unfortunately they were only taking 14 reserves. So I had to do what any gaming geek would. I left work for 25 minutes and went and reserved one at a gamestop close to my work. When i got there, they had only 4 reserves left and I was 3rd in line. :D

I also got a PS3 reserve, but I don't know if I'm going to keep that or not.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
id keep the ps3 reserve and buy it on the 17th, then sell it on ebay. Heck, who knows, maybe itll pay for the wii!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CarlConti08 said:
id keep the ps3 reserve and buy it on the 17th, then sell it on ebay. Heck, who knows, maybe itll pay for the wii!

haha that's what I meant. I'm gonna buy the PS3, just don't know if I'm gonna keep it. ;)

Reaction score
Woah dudes, you act like there's gonna be supply shortage... well maybe in the U.S., but in Switzerland I've never heard of anything like that, and the Wii is lieterally an unknown. Getting mine in December for Swiss francs 399 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
yogi said:
Woah dudes, you act like there's gonna be supply shortage... well maybe in the U.S., but in Switzerland I've never heard of anything like that, and the Wii is lieterally an unknown. Getting mine in December for Swiss francs 399 :)

There probably won't be a shortage of the Wii like the 360 last year or the PS3 might be this year. The reason I, and others that I've talked to, reserved the Wii already is so that we don't have to drive around looking for it when it's released. We can just walk into the store, pay the balance, and take it home. If it turns out to be scarce and we hadn't reserved it we might be checking 10+ stores to find one. I know that's what it was like last year. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guarantee there will be a shortage of PS3's. 400,000 at launch and only a million by the end of the year.

BTW, most (if not all) GameStops here in the states sold out of their in store reservations for the Wii. ;)

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea, most of the wii's reservations sold out quicker than the ps3's. i kno the manager at the gamestop i waited out in front of said that there were more ppl waiting out to reserve the wii than theyre were ppl waiting to reserve the ps3. thats not to say the ps3 wont be hot. i guarantee they sell out in the first 24hrs of release but i think they could have gotten a ton more sales if theyd priced it like $100 lower. that way u could pick one up at equal price of the 360. ppl would still go for the beefed up 60gb model but alot of ppl would see the advantage of saving some money and going for the 20gb. it just really makes me mad cause ive been looking forward to the ps3 for roughly 3 years and now i find out theres no way i can afford it unless i save up for a year, and theres no way i could do that. i cant keep money in my pocket for a week let alone as long as itd take to save up for a ps3.

T

todd51

I think the Wii will do better than the PS3 simply becuase the PS3 is so much more expensive and the Wii attracts the older gamers, just becuase they want to come back and play their old favorite Nintendo games. I think this will be Nintendo's best system, right up there next to the Super Nintendo. The Gamecube was good, but just didn't appeal to a large audience. This time the Wii will get gamers from every age.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
nice avatar Carl ;)

Reaction score
i'm not worried about the wii. nintendo doesn't usually come to market unless they have enough systems.

i'm excited about the system tough, i hope i can pick one up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.
sursuciofla said:
Boy, I didn't even know new Nintendo was coming out. Guess I am getting old! I just want Super Nintendo so I can play "Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past" I miss that game.

Ferris Bueller's day off.. Did I win.. LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I am waiting to play it first, because the specs of the wii are horrible. But nintendo was always able to take full advantage of the hardware.

Look at gamecube, the specs are not that good but alot of games look better than xbox. (resident evil 4?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.