• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

RED U2 iPod Nano to be unveiled TOMORROW!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Apparently it will be the 4GB variety, and unveiled tomorrow by Bono on the Oprah Show... From the news I've seen... 5% of the retail price wil be donated to Charity for Women & Children with Aids.

Great job Bono and Apple!

Link to Story

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's now on the Apple page...

RED iPod Nano on Apple website... HERE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I believe Bono will be on Oprah today to talk about it.

S

sursuciofla

I'm glad it's not another special edition band ipod. It actually goes to a good cause and if we buy Product (Red) we are contributing to that cause just by sacrificing color for a product we would buy anyways. Kudos to Bono and Product Red. Never been a big U2 fan but definately a Bono fan now. Just wish a lot more of the proceeds went to the cause but I guess can't complain.

Reminds me of Yoplait and the pink wrapper campaign for Breast Cancer although yogurt has an argument for more of a need than needing an ipod.

But kudos again, I realy like this campaign!

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
RIDE said:
Apparently it will be the 4GB variety, and unveiled tomorrow by Bono on the Oprah Show... From the news I've seen... 5% of the retail price wil be donated to Charity for Women & Children with Aids.

Mattlike said:

LOL :D

~~~~~

I also think it is a great idea to do a launch on the Oprah show... for this iPod, and future items... It will put sales through the roof. I garauntee that when I get home from the office today my wife will be talking to me about the new RED nano on Oprah, so will her friends, and their friends, and on, and on. And how does Oprah turn Authors into multi-millionaires? Beacuase if Oprah says "buy it" people BUY IT!

I know Apple stock (AAPL) is already on an UP spike over the past couple months, and while traditional wisdom says not to... I personally think today is still a great day to buy AAPL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
S

sursuciofla

Agreed :black:

And quite frankly with Stephen A. Smith, they shouldn't even send the ipod with headphones. Why Apple continuously ships a great product with poo headgear is beyond me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Mattlike said:

I wonder will Oprah give all the audience members one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Carla said:
I wonder will Oprah give all the audience members one.

If she does, they'll probably still have to pay the taxes. :spook:

S

sursuciofla

On a gift? It's not like a car or a game show. But I assume you are probably right. Tax rules are so stupid and I know closeup and personal as one of my family members works in the "People you hate" field.

I would go ahead and pay the $14 bucks or whatever though. Low price to pay for a $200 product. If they don't want they can just resell and make profit.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
kaidomac said:
It looks suspiciously like a Target-branded iPod lol...

Ironic... Given the fact that Target has joined Wal-Mart in being "concerned" about iTunes Movies cutting into Targets DVD sales..

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
New red iPod nano

I'm definitely digging the new red iPod nano, but kicking myself for buying a 4GB white one back in August. Oh well. What does everyone think? I know it's to raise money for African AIDS relief--but it looks like a big Target ad. LOL It's not just any red...it's bright red. Thoughts?

--Chris

redipod01bkgrnd20061012.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
Whoops...that's what I get for only looking in the iPod forum. NM.

--C.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
On a gift? It's not like a car or a game show. But I assume you are probably right. Tax rules are so stupid and I know closeup and personal as one of my family members works in the "People you hate" field.

I would go ahead and pay the $14 bucks or whatever though. Low price to pay for a $200 product. If they don't want they can just resell and make profit.

I was being more facetious than anything as I was referring to the deal when she gave everyone new Pontiacs yet many could not afford to pay the taxes. :eek:neye:

S

sursuciofla

Anybody on EST watch Oprah today? I missed almost all of the show, plus didn't know it was on. Did they get the iPod?

And Oprah needs to get in contact with Joan or Melissa Rivers to get a referral. She is looking rough! :eek: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
xtophercaa said:
Whoops...that's what I get for only looking in the iPod forum. NM.

--C.
:black: Merged the threads, so all is nice and tidy.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
sursuciofla said:
And Oprah needs to get in contact with Joan or Melissa Rivers to get a referral. She is looking rough! :eek: :eek:neye:
Why? They've spent thousands of dollars on their faces and they look worse than she does.

And I hate that commentary like this generally only has women as its subject. Oprah is not a beauty queen or a model. She's a talk show host. Povich is no hot sight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.