Software?

I

IanRobinett

I am used to Audition on PC, and am looking for a comperable piece for Mac. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be greatly appreciative.

OP
I

IanRobinett

What about editing audio as far as chopping up full songs and such? Does GarageBand do that?

Reaction score
IanRobinett said:
What about editing audio as far as chopping up full songs and such? Does GarageBand do that?

You can hear some GarageBand 2 music if you click the link in my sig. I used the GB loops but modified them to my liking.

OP
I

IanRobinett

Any other suggestions? I am doing some research on the ones mentioned and am just trying to get an ample group of programs to inspect...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm on the same search track. I was using Audacity on my PC. What I need is a recorder/editor that is capable of using "what you hear" (i.e., any audio being processed by the computer) as the recording input source. So far, I've hit one dead end after another. One post I read in the Audacity forum stated that the core audio in the Mac cannot be accessed for recording. That just doesn't make sense to me. Surely, if it's coming out my speakers or headphones, I can record it. Can't I? But, where is the software that will do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I solved my problem. Audio Hijack will sample the core audio, and save it in various formats including AIFF and MP3. Audacity will open/edit either of those. I'm back in business!

Reaction score
I solved my problem. Audio Hijack will sample the core audio, and save it in various formats including AIFF and MP3. Audacity will open/edit either of those. I'm back in business!

Go to System Preferences>Sound, have the Internal Mic selected then launch GarageBand and create a new project.

Go to File and select New Track. In the window that opens click on the Real Instruments button and select Basic Track and ensure the monitor is set to off (horrendous feedback otherwise).

If you then play any song on your mac, say with iTunes, and go back to GarageBand and click on the record button, a new track will be created with the audio recorded. The quality isn't fantastic but it does record anything that is currently playing on the mac.

It's not as flash as Audio Hijack by any means, though, just another method.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.