• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

now that I sold my macbook...

Reaction score
I just sold my macbook to a member here to get the black one...

well now that i'm thinking about it... should I just hold out til xmas hoping maybe core2duo will come out on lappies

should I now wait? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well now you have no computer, if you can live like that, then wait.. if you can't then don't... in the grand scheme of things, there will always be something newer and better if you wait, so i find it pointless to do so because you will be waiting forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Good luck with the wait... have a feeling its gonna be a while.
:black:

OP
T
Reaction score
well right now I have one of those colorful old school imacs lol and also a pretty fast gaming PC with a 21" widescreen LCD so it aint TOO bad...

I guess ill wait til mid december and then go at it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
As long as you have a PC to do your day to day tasks, waiting till mid December is not a bad idea. I am sure at some point of time Apple will introduce laptops with Core2Duo. However early result shows that the C2D has no performance increase compared to Core Duo. It is after all your choice. :)

Important link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm not sure about the Core2Duo - the desktop chips are fast but wasn't there a study that concluded that the mobile version only gave 7% speed increase? Hardly worth redesigning the logic board for that, really.

OP
T
Reaction score
I dunno I guess i'l wait til end mid december to make my decision...

i miss having a laptop, but 7% increase is a 7% increase to me :)

oh well, lets see if I can hold out just 2 months lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
do you actually need that better processor?
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.