My new Purchase

B

bigmikeyp

Finally!

I went to my local Apple store today and bought myself 2ghz White MacBook then added a 1gig stick of ram myself.

Tried most of my periphials with it, i.e. printer externall hdd and all work fine with no settings needed!

Just getting used to the downsize from a pc screen to a 13" and a few of the keys are in different positions. But the keyboard itself I love, can type as fast and efficiently as when on a PC.

iTunes seems to run much faster on this than on my PC (which is now redundant in my bros room).

Next up is BootCamp and Win XP :black:

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congrats on your new Purchase. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Congrats. It's a great machine. You will probably have a lot of questions as a recent switcher so make sure before you search before asking because most of your questions have most likely been asked before.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Congrats im sure you will love it :D

OP
T

todd51

Yes it is always a great feeling, sadly I'll have to wait a little while to upgrade my ram, and I'll still be trying to decide to buy two 1gig sticks or just 1.

OP
B

bigmikeyp

todd51 said:
Yes it is always a great feeling, sadly I'll have to wait a little while to upgrade my ram, and I'll still be trying to decide to buy two 1gig sticks or just 1.

well I was going to buy 2 sticks yesterday, but in the end I thought that I was spending enough at the moment as it was with the macbook, warrenty and a case then on top of that a wireless router.
So i decided to get 1 stick for now and maybe next month get the other, so at the moment 1.25gb is enough until I learn more about the OS and programs that are available.

Many thanks all :headphone - now all i need to do is wait for the shuffle to be released!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.