Will I need a registry tool w/ Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" - 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT w/256; Mac Mini 1.66GHz Intel
Will I need a registry tool such as Registry Fix to resolve registry issues in Windows XP SP2 running on a Bootcamp partition?

I assume that this is still an issue?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yes.

the registry problems associated with windows does not get affected by what type of hardware you are running it on. windows has registry issues so you may need that program. whatever it does.

-chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, like Coach said, It's Windows. Bootcamp is just the drivers and way around the EFI. Once you boot into Windows, it's just like on a PC. So whatever you need in Windows on a PC you will need it in Windows on a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Yes, like dtravis7 said, you will also need antivirus/malware/spyware utilities. is windows still sounding that great?
-chris

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" - 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, NVIDIA GEFORCE 7600 GT w/256; Mac Mini 1.66GHz Intel
Thank you!

The only reason I asked is I'd like to play Half-Life 2 - that is the *only* reason I'm considering installing Bootcamp and Windows XP SP2.

I've had to run a Registry utility in the past after installing Steam - thus the reason of my question.

All answers are greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.