I havnt been here in a while but...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
when you post something now is it put into the forum which best suits it? i posted a hardware issue about a G4 ibook which i thought was in switchers hangout, why ? because i have always posted in this forum, it has the most people viewing it and people their who know there stuff, either that or i am gone crazy and i am sorry for wasting your time :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
robbiemullen said:
when you post something now is it put into the forum which best suits it? i posted a hardware issue about a G4 ibook which i thought was in switchers hangout, why ? because i have always posted in this forum, it has the most people viewing it and people their who know there stuff, either that or i am gone crazy and i am sorry for wasting your time :eek:neye:
From the Forum Courtesy thread:
Forum Courtesy said:
Thread Location
There has been a lot of time taken to divide Mac-Forums into the sub-forums we have based on content we have seen over the years. It takes much less time to decide which forum your thread is relative than it took to write your thread. So if you have the time to make a thread, you have the time to find the appropriate forum to post it in. Please use your best judgement to determine the location, and don't post in a forum of high volume (such as Anything Goes). The majority of people seem to use the Get New feature anyway, and will see your thread regardless of which forum it was posted.

No, threads do not automatically end up in a certain sub-forum. Sometimes, it may be moved to the more appropriate sub-forum in an effort to keep the organization of the overall forums clear. Many people either don't pay attention to where they post threads... or they just post them in what they feel might be the "best" place for it to be seen, with no regard for whether it belongs or fits in that sub-forum.
For instance, I moved this thread to the "Suggestions/Comments/Site Support" forum, as this really didn't have any correlation or connection to the Switcher Hangout. It is more of a comment about the forums, so it really should belong here.

So, just a reminder to please try to keep not only your posts on topic with the threads you post... but also please keep the threads on topic with the forum they are posted in.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Neither have I, Hi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.