New .mac format - timetable??

Reaction score
Any idea when the new .mac format will be in place? Is it still a long way down the road or does Apple usually do things fairly fast once they are announced?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
There is going to be a new .mac? I really should catch up on apple news.... The whole school thing is making it rough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
As far as I know they are only updating the webmail portion. I could be wrong though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
awesome, I am a dot mac member so I am happy they are upgrading their web mail. But they do need to upgrade the whole service, its slow and lacking. They need to upgrade their severs, like majorly, you would think a company like apple who produces amazing high end servers would be albe to through a few into their own .mac service. The last I read is that .mac does not use apple xserves but older servers. With the addition of iWeb to the iLife suite, this service really needs to be updated if people are really going to want to put their sites up on .mac. I know I don't want to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.