Real player plugin

N

nik

Hi
I have switched from a PC to an iMac with OSX and I love it. But I have one problem- when I am on pages such as www.bbc.co.uk and try and view the news clips (or tv previews) I always get a message that says I don't have a real player plug in so I have to select 'open in standalone player' and open up real playerto view the item. I am using Safari - is there anything I can do to fix this?

(You can probably tell I'm no computer whiz - switch it on and hope it works is as far as I get.)

I am grateful for any help you experts may have.

Thanks

Reaction score
nik said:
Hi
I have switched from a PC to an iMac with OSX and I love it. But I have one problem- when I am on pages such as www.bbc.co.uk and try and view the news clips (or tv previews) I always get a message that says I don't have a real player plug in so I have to select 'open in standalone player' and open up real playerto view the item. I am using Safari - is there anything I can do to fix this?

(You can probably tell I'm no computer whiz - switch it on and hope it works is as far as I get.)

I am grateful for any help you experts may have.

Thanks

I tried to view a video on the site using Flip4Mac which is a Windows Media plug-in for QuickTime but it wouldn't play.

I would just download Real Player and then the problem will go away:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/b...ayer 10&proc=g3&lang=&show_list=0&src=macjack

Reaction score
Just tried it...yup Real Player works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.