• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

ripping tv shows with handbreak?

Reaction score
if i rip a tv show how do i rip each episode alone or is that even possible? But can i at least rip all the episodes into one file? because what im trying to do is get the chappell show that i have on dvd on to my ipod.

OP
P
Reaction score
no handbreak im useing but if u want i could get mac the ripper. witch ever handbreak or mac the ripper is better i will use u let me know on eather of the programs how to do what i want and im fine with it.

Reaction score
pbure0110 said:
no handbreak im useing but if u want i could get mac the ripper. witch ever handbreak or mac the ripper is better i will use u let me know on eather of the programs how to do what i want and im fine with it.

I'm going on what I've read here on the forums. Use MacTheRipper to rip the DVD and then use Handbrake to compress for putting on your iPod.

Reaction score
That would be the better idea. Rip individual episodes via MTR. Handbrake does convert from VIDEO_TS folders.

Reaction score
Yea I use Handbreak to rip dvd to ipod i just load up handbreak and insert a dvd it scans the disk and comes up with a list of titles then i click one and click convert

It worked with my Fools and horses dvd and every other dvd fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.