Iphoto export to IDvd - low perf.

C

crash-proof

Hi, 1st post here.
I put together a slideshow in Iphoto 6.0, with about 7 tracks from Itunes spanning total 34min. I have the photos (450 photos) set to adjust their duration to the music.

So I'd like to create a DVD, I go Share > send to IDvd (or something like that effect) It's been exporting for 20min now, the progress bar is moving, albeit barely. Is this normal? I shut down all other aplications to increase performance. This is on a Macbook OS X.

Another thing to consider is that most of the pics are at least 1.5mb each.

So do I have to wait 24hours for this operation? Or is something wrong here? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
crash-proof said:
Hi, 1st post here.
I put together a slideshow in Iphoto 6.0, with about 7 tracks from Itunes spanning total 34min. I have the photos (450 photos) set to adjust their duration to the music....
Another thing to consider is that most of the pics are at least 1.5mb each.

So do I have to wait 24hours for this operation? Or is something wrong here? :confused:
You have quite a lot going on there. It will take a considerable amount of time for that to render. The only thing that might help is to install more RAM, but even then it will take some time. You have literally hunderds of large files that you are going to have to wait for them to finish no matter what.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I do the same thing all the time but my slideshows top out at 15 minutes and that takes like 45 minutes to transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
It does take some time, then when you actually put the slideshow into a DVD presentation on iDVD it also takes time to process before allowing you to actually burn the disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.