Considering the switch

A

AnDi86

I have been a loyal PC user for years and i think its about time i tried out a mac, i have a mate who says the are great. I use my PC primarily for games, i would still use this for games as i dont think the mac would be up to the challenge of the games, would it be? i could just use the mac as a general use thing for my website designing etc? what do you guys think? I know they r expensive is it worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
heya !

macs are definatly worth it. you say they are expensive and the high end ones can be but look at the mac mini or the basic imac. PC's arent much cheaper!

some games are good on the mac but i dont really know about the gaming side of things so someone else might be able to answer that for you.

have fun on what ever mac you might get.

chris tm

OP
A

AnDi86

i was thinking about a macbook probably the pro one as i do like my performance in my computers! thanks for the quick response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
AnDi86 said:
i was thinking about a macbook probably the pro one as i do like my performance in my computers! thanks for the quick response.

Are you close to an Apple Store? They have all the machines up and running all the time. You can play all you want and see what you think without spending a nickel.

OP
D

darcyl

A guy in my office (Microsoft development shop) uses the 17" Mac Book pro...he loves it. Does Visual Studio demos with it and everything (using Parallels, a non-MS virtualization software program). The only thing current virtualization doesn't allow for is good gaming, so unless you buy Mac-only games you'll need to use Boot Camp and run your games from Windows proper.

Hardware wise, its pretty solid. My co-worker is a big FPS guy, and he says his MBP runs the games really well. World of Warcraft runs on my iMac BEAUTIFULLY (20" screen and huge resolution helps too ;) )

DL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.