• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Please Help Video quality problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
I am using Final Cut Pro and I want to export the video I edited without losing ANY quality. I dont care about space...Dont I export to DV NTSC 48Khz -24?? Please help I need to get this exported and burnt for a friend

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What format was it shot in? HD, HDV, DV, 10bit? Studio, Film, etc.?

What frame rate (if digital)? 60i 24p etc.?

NTCS, PAL, HD?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
PowerBookG4 said:
What format was it shot in? HD, HDV, DV, 10bit? Studio, Film, etc.?

What frame rate (if digital)? 60i 24p etc.?

NTCS, PAL, HD?

DV widescreem, think the frame rate is 24p? it is just shot with a 1ccp camera. Looks good when Iplay it back in Final Cut Pro, but when importing into iMove or iDVD it looks like crap.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
djdusk said:
DV widescreem, think the frame rate is 24p? it is just shot with a 1ccp camera. Looks good when Iplay it back in Final Cut Pro, but when importing into iMove or iDVD it looks like crap.

I am getting really frustrated. what is the deal? I import DV video, I edit it I export it. I should not lose quality. I have exported like 12 times now, this is brutal. When previewing it in iDVD it is poor quality. Even worse when I watch it on TV. Seems to look okay when I play it back in Final Cut pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
16x9 format is not supported by the older versions o iDVD

Reaction score
Can you give us the exact specifications of how you are exporting it?
Codec, resolution, frames per second, etc? Its possible you are not doing something right. A standard full dv quality from final cut should look better on a TV than on a computer. And it should look the same in iDVD. Either you are doing something wrong, or something is serioulsy messed up.
How exactly does it look bad?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5 (PPC)
Thanks for the replies, I ended up getting things figured out. Although the qaulity was poor when previewing the DVD in iDVD it seemed to burn alright. I just went with the DV NTCS

Reaction score
cables for macbook to tv

I just bought a macbook and it came with the apple av cable, the one that looks like a headphone plug on one side and has the yellow,white, red connectors on the other side. The guy at the store told me to buy the minidvi to video but I did not want to spend more money.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the minidvi to video and the apple av cable? any differences in quality (pixels, blur). Is it worth buying?

Chino

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Did you buy this cable?
165.jpg

That was designed for older iBooks that had a special all-in-one AV output jack - similar to the ones found on current iPod videos.

You'd need either this:
M9319GA.jpg

which is a miniDVI to s-video / composite video (for TV's or other analog display devices, or apple's miniDVI-> VGA or DVI adapter (for VGA analog or DVI digital computer displays)-

Reaction score
This cable came with my macbook
165.jpg

This is the one I`d like to buy.
M9319GA.jpg

My question is if there a quality issue between these two? I want to use it for gaming and movies in a 54 lcd(with svideo). Is it wort buying the minidvi :confused: ???

Really appreciate your help APT!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You definitely just got the new 13" MAcbook right? Not the much older iBook G3?
Strange, the first cable won't work with a Macbook, only on the really old iBook, so I don't really see why it was included with it...

You'll definitely need the second cable, as the first won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.