Switch to Mac Issue 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Well the long awaited review on the 20" Core 2 Duo iMac will be out on 2nd October 2006. this Review is my first STM Magazine that i wish to continue and therefore created a Magazine type Review.

I know there are rules within this forum so i wont get to deep into it however there is a link to this forum to enable users to chat to me and others within this community.

(Admins feel free to message me for the Issue *Must be kept private*)

The review lists features and benifits with the iMac and also a little comparisons with Windows..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
If I were you I'd re read it.

You have obviously put a lot of time and effort into this work . It's let down by using .Your instead of you're, dont instead of don't i instead of I . There are others too.

I'm no English teacher. I just feel that when you use so much time on something that looks so professional you should get it right.

PS. You took my jonesing to a new level I'm waiting for the same model

C

CWMac

There instead of their. Isnt instead of arent. Was instead of were

Also sorry to say i dont understand first line;

"Although this review has been written the model ordered was not the base model.."

Although what?

Sorry not nit picking mate cause as stated you put lot of time and effort into it but when an article starts off like that the reader gets critical very early.

As a reader you then notice things like Yourr=You're, there=their and lower case i etc where as normally one would'nt.

"..when my iPod Nano arrived that was a different matter because thats[sic] just an amazing product and the packaging was well sort of" I know what you're trying to say but in type/text it reads really strange.

Also it reads like you have had one virus on your machine already >.<

"While professionals and beginners design and modify that the internet handles its presents "..its christmas already? :D Santa IS the internet!!

"What does the Core 2 Duo processor offer us? with[sic] 64-bit processing in use and not mainstream the 64-bit Processor is ready for action from the moment its turned on. there[sic] are several reasons why 64-bit are[sic] better than 32-bit but while the iMac can only hold 3Gb ram maximum i feel that this machine will needed to be updated to maximise the amount or ram the board can hold" eh?
The previous paragraph is strange to say the least.What has ram got to do with cpu power and/or 64 v 32 bit? The way you mention the ram amount makes it seem like the machine you were reviewing was lacking in ram and could have done with more.

Theres a few run on sentences too :(

Really not picking fault here but when one reads about there being a spell checker, it makes for amsuing reading considering what has been read before :p

If you are going to write stuff like this and open yourself up for critisism, I cannot stress enough, spell check spell check spell check! Also read it out loud to someone or even yourself. Try doing it now and you will find yourself thinking "eh, what the **** does that mean" lol.

Good attempt spoiled by editorial issues :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
yep as above good layout and looks very professional, just let down by poor use of the english language

keep up the good work chap ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Fantastic apart from a few spelling and gramatical errors. Great stuff, and nice site :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Thanks all for feedback, i printed of a copy and yes i must admit there are some serious issues with it, i did not proof read it and feel this copy is really bad. i also looked at the review and have quite a bit out.. i noticed on a few lines i used one word twice which is real bad.

I do thank you for your efforts and yes when i create the next issue i will get somebody to proof read it (any volunteers welcome) i am going to write one for each month and see where it gets me, i am looking for some people to write for it with a different subject, basically your own part or review not based on a project of somebody else's. anybody up for this?

Sorry for the mistakes in this i guess i was to eager to get it out there.
Hope you look forward to next months issue (cannot give a date yet)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CWMac said:
There instead of their. Isnt instead of arent. Was instead of were

Also sorry to say i dont understand first line;

"Although this review has been written the model ordered was not the base model.."

Although what?

Sorry not nit picking mate cause as stated you put lot of time and effort into it but when an article starts off like that the reader gets critical very early.

As a reader you then notice things like Yourr=You're, there=their and lower case i etc where as normally one would'nt.

"..when my iPod Nano arrived that was a different matter because thats[sic] just an amazing product and the packaging was well sort of" I know what you're trying to say but in type/text it reads really strange.

Also it reads like you have had one virus on your machine already >.<

"While professionals and beginners design and modify that the internet handles its presents "..its christmas already? :D Santa IS the internet!!

"What does the Core 2 Duo processor offer us? with[sic] 64-bit processing in use and not mainstream the 64-bit Processor is ready for action from the moment its turned on. there[sic] are several reasons why 64-bit are[sic] better than 32-bit but while the iMac can only hold 3Gb ram maximum i feel that this machine will needed to be updated to maximise the amount or ram the board can hold" eh?
The previous paragraph is strange to say the least.What has ram got to do with cpu power and/or 64 v 32 bit? The way you mention the ram amount makes it seem like the machine you were reviewing was lacking in ram and could have done with more.

Theres a few run on sentences too :(

Really not picking fault here but when one reads about there being a spell checker, it makes for amsuing reading considering what has been read before :p

If you are going to write stuff like this and open yourself up for critisism, I cannot stress enough, spell check spell check spell check! Also read it out loud to someone or even yourself. Try doing it now and you will find yourself thinking "eh, what the **** does that mean" lol.

Good attempt spoiled by editorial issues :D
The ram isnt lacking what i was trying to say is that 64bit can hold more ram where as the 32 bit is limited..

Reaction score
BlooGrape said:
I do thank you for your efforts and yes when i create the next issue i will get somebody to proof read it (any volunteers welcome)

I'll proof-read it for you, BlooGrape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Pulse-8 said:
I'll proof-read it for you, BlooGrape.

Also happy to help with that. When I get my MBP and PRO I could review those for you too!

Ad

PS - I like it. Apart from the grammar (what would your old English teacher say lol?!) I think it is really well designed.

Ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
^^Agree wholeheartedly.

Looks great, not so good to read. Your main ideas are fairly solid but not well articulated. If I weren't so busy at the moment I'd put my hand up for proof-reading too, tho I'm sure you'll get plenty of help from others.

Bring on issue 2!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the replys folks.. i got set out terms for issue 2 which will have alot more content.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD
Me thinks you should be using the spelling and grammar checker in MS Word, just part of the MS Office 2004 suite! Like others have said, great article. Once you get on your Mac you'll really love the system wide dikshunary :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.