Posting from iMac first time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I just recieved my 24inch iMac, and well all I can say is wow. I just plugged the power in pressed start and no more than 10 minutes later im away. The screen is perfect. Im just letting Software Update do its thing, but even while its doing that I can run other applications with no slowdown which coming from my old PC (P4 2.8, 1GM RAM) is very impressive for me, because Windows update always made it unusable.

Its completely silent and well WOW, Im impressed already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
CONGRATS!!!!! I know the feeling... I just made the switch last week.
Everyone keeps asking me.. "So how's the apple?" etc...

My replies consist of "Amazing", "Phenomenal"... and most of all "I am a believer!!!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Marl Huss said:
I just recieved my 24inch iMac, and well all I can say is wow. I just plugged the power in pressed start and no more than 10 minutes later im away. The screen is perfect. Im just letting Software Update do its thing, but even while its doing that I can run other applications with no slowdown which coming from my old PC (P4 2.8, 1GM RAM) is very impressive for me, because Windows update always made it unusable.

Its completely silent and well WOW, Im impressed already.

Pretty much my experience not long ago. New world!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Just try not to get into the odd state of euphoria new Mac users seem to get into. They spend the first few months in utter bliss, but when something goes wrong (and most of the time it will) this bliss makes it harder to see that all computers have flaws.

Congrats, sorry to be a downer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I expect problems, nothings perfect but I must say it is certainly much more intuitive and flows much better. Fantastic machine, just in the process of moving some files from PC to iMac such as iTunes library :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Yeah problems occur and it is usually a little bit of shock but the solutions are quite easy most of the time and that is reassuring to know. Enjoy your bliss but it will be shattered at some point but only temporarily.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would just like to thank everyone here for there help (searched topics have given me tons of answers) and the switchers guide to software has been very helpful, thanks :).

Oh and so far the most annoying thing for me has been getting the network between my Windows PC and the Mac to work :p. Thats only because my PC was running Vista beta, so I had to change 4 security settings all hidden somewhere different :(.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.