• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I-movie still to i-photo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
My camera's bust, it was crap anyway - but I would really like to be able to e-mail a still photo from an i-movie.

Today I wanted a photo of me and somebody to e-mail to somebody else, so I went into a recent unfinished i-movie project and clicked on import/i-sight and took roughly 30 seconds of footage of us smiling, etc...

Once done, I used the playhead to freeze on the best shot then went to 'CREATE STILL FRAME' before dragging it onto my desktop and into i-photo but it didn't work. Dragged it into pictures and didn't work, it apears as the Quicktime icon and title.

This must be possible, I know I just need a litle assistance from al you out there who have a little more experience than I.

Thanks in advance,

Cameron

Reaction score
Just freeze the movie to the still you want to capture, then press Shift+Command+4 and a cross hair will appear.

Just drag over the still to highlight it fully and when you release the mouse a picture will be taken.

An image of the still will appear on your desktop somewhere and you can email it to whomever you please.....

If it doesn't work just post back here....

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I nearly had to ask which key was command, but I guessed it was the 'apple' key and it has worked.

Pulse-8 you are a diamond and should are paths ever cross I owe you a beer.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Once you have created your still frame. Select your frame, then under the file drop down menu, choose save frame. That will create a jpeg file, that you can bring into iPhoto.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
rman said:
Once you have created your still frame. Select your frame, then under the file drop down menu, choose save frame. That will create a jpeg file, that you can bring into iPhoto.

Thanks again - that is initially what I was trying but I was wrongly choosing 'Create Still Frame' - thanks again you both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.