Diablo II LOD

Reaction score
I recently switched to an iMAC and I want to play Diablo II (Lord of Destruction). I currently have all the CDs in PC format, do I need to buy the Mac version as well or is there a way to use the PC version on the Mac?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can use bootcamp to install windows on the mac then you will be able to install the pc version of the game on the windows partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Diablo is cross platform so you can install it off of the CD's you have

OP
C
Reaction score
How do I use the CDs I have to install DiabloII on the iMac? The CDs are in Windows format (.exe).
I do not want to run it under Bootcamp or Parallels.

Thank you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you put the discs into a mac it will show different files, one of which is the installer as you can see with my LOD disc

picture1gl4.png

OP
C
Reaction score
The original Diablo II CDs are in Windows format. Do I require the original DiabloII CDs to be installed first?

Thank you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can't install LOD without the original Diablo II discs. All Diablo II and LOD discs have the Mac installs built into them

OP
C
Reaction score
My LOD CD shows the same thing as your screenshot up above but when I click on the installer, I get an error that says: "You cannot open the application "Lord of Destruction Installer" because it is not supported on this system.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
Canadianapex said:
My LOD CD shows the same thing as your screenshot up above but when I click on the installer, I get an error that says: "You cannot open the application "Lord of Destruction Installer" because it is not supported on this system.

Any thoughts?
Try here. You may need to try using the OS X native installer. Tho as previously mentioned, you'll still need the original Diablo 2. Does your copy of the original work on your Mac at all?

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
trpnmonkey41 said:
You can't install LOD without the original Diablo II discs. All Diablo II and LOD discs have the Mac installs built into them

Almost true, that's what I was told too until I realized one of my CDs forgot the mac version. No I am not kidding. Then again, my Diablo CDs are very very old, like version 1.0 so I guess it's entirely possible. I just borrowed a friends newer CDs considering all that you really need is your CD code.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.