• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Using Handbrake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
So, im trying to convert a DVD to MP4 so i can watch it on my ipod, but whenever i start to convert it only goes like less than 1% and stops. all that gets converted is the opening columbia pictures sound and video (with the lady holding the torch, you know) i followed the directions on macworld for converting. i set the codec to avc/h.264 video/ aac audio, changed the encoder to x264(baseline profile), set the average bitrate to 625 (macworld said 750 was the max), set the picture to width of 320 and whatever the locked in height is, then unchecked the keep ratio button in the picture setting b/c macworld said theres a bug with that, and checked off the 2nd pass encoding. so whats the problem? can ne one help me out? i dont think its a problem with encryption b/c when its opening the dvd its doesnt have ne problem and macworld said if it was an ecryption problem it wouldnt even open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what kind of computer do you have?

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
handbrake is already universal....try handbrake lite?

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no i havent, ill download that and try it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.