Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Hmm, apparently you can get other lenses for it...

The PowerShot G7 is compatible with many shooting accessories, not only wide and tele converter lenses, a waterproof case and High-Power Flash designed for all of the PowerShot models, but also Speedlite EX series that is compatible with all EOS series SLR cameras

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Is anyone else interested or excited about this camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Apparantly not... ;)

I'm a Nikon man, personally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Greenredfield said:
Is anyone else interested or excited about this camera?

LOL.

Actually I'm interested in it. I currently have the Canon S3 IS, and feel it is the best choice I've ever made in purchasing a digital camera. I'd like to have the G7, but based on the amatuer photography that I dabble in, I think I'm fine with the S3 for now. My G7 desire is really a want versus a need.

S

sursuciofla

I think it is a nice camera and all, probably good for the fun photographer/borderline amatuer. Nothing can replace my SLR and if it doesn't shoot in RAW format then I am not interested. Whether in the wet or digital darkroom I like to have control over my images for print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
That's a pretty sweet camera, 10 megapixels is awesome for a point and shoot. Even still, there's a characteristic of SLR photos that you can't match with a point and shoot. I've tried to match them but I just couldn't. That looks like a great camera though, I can think of some family members who would love that.

H

Hulk_SMASH

Nice, and I just bought an S2IS as well. Oh well, it's probably a lot more than the $299 I paid for the S2IS.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I like the SLR's, I just feel that the G7 is very cost effective and it has a great compact size. The SLR's are nice, but when you start adding on other lenses, it makes it more difficult to travel with. I think the G7 has some really great features for the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nice, definitely worth checking out for the ambitious amateur...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Greenredfield said:
Hmm, apparently you can get other lenses for it...

The PowerShot G7 is compatible with many shooting accessories, not only wide and tele converter lenses, a waterproof case and High-Power Flash designed for all of the PowerShot models, but also Speedlite EX series that is compatible with all EOS series SLR cameras

Unless the camera enables you to actually remove the lens and put a different one on then what you are talking about here is filters that are added to the lens to provide an effect.

The DSC style point and shoot cameras can take some amazing photographs if in the right hands. They are suited for anytime you want to achieve front to back sharpness in an image due to their amazing ability to capture a depth of field range that is more difficult to achieve with a larger sensor.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I ended up getting a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 instead...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.