MS's version does not work with it

aMSN does support webcam though

OP
V
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
MS's version does not work with it

aMSN does support webcam though

What is aMSN? and you're saying that I can use webcam with msn with aMSN?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
VTECMAN said:
What is aMSN? and you're saying that I can use webcam with msn with aMSN?

Nope, trpnmonkey is saying that you can use webcam with aMSN. Microsoft MSN for Mac doesn't support webcam.

Link here for aMSN.

Ad

Reaction score
Video yes. Audio, no. If you want both, then check out Mercury Messenger. Google it.

Reaction score
You can now contact MSN people via Yahoo messenger and vice versa and the Yahoo program has video support built in.

C

chasincharpchui

okay wen i use aMSN and use webcam to chat
it seems to neva work, worked once for like 10 seconds prolly but everytime after that
it doesnt work anymore

wen eva someone invites me to send mywebcam, i choose accept, but on the screen it will say i declined, and den on the other persons comp it will say i accepted and is loading, den it times out

weneva i start sending mywebcam myself a window comes up and says im either behind a firewall or check NAT settings

wat do i do?
portforward? i think ive tried that too and its not working
the camera comes on, a little window comes up and shows the video streaming
but another window comes up and says either firewalled or NAT or something

someone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD
Hey,
let me throw my hat into this one as I use the isight pretty much every day.

For reliablilty, you want to use AIM. I know your friend has MSN, but honestly it takes 2 mintues to sign up for aim and doesnt kill the resources.

What I've been doing is getting all my contacts to sign up for Skype. The Skype beta for the mac has great video IM in it and works extremely well.

But if you want up to 3 people at once, you want AIM. Trust me it'll work SO much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 80 GB HD
I've tried using AIM (windows end) and iChat on my end with no luck. ( I also tried forwarding correct ports and so on with no more luck )

I tried other combinations of programs and now I end up using a combination of aMSN for webcam, and Skype for voice.

My Windows friend chooses not to use AIM, and other than the issue of running an extra program for voice, this works out okay.

Best of luck to you.

C

chasincharpchui

Katty9203 said:
I've tried using AIM (windows end) and iChat on my end with no luck. ( I also tried forwarding correct ports and so on with no more luck )

I tried other combinations of programs and now I end up using a combination of aMSN for webcam, and Skype for voice.

My Windows friend chooses not to use AIM, and other than the issue of running an extra program for voice, this works out okay.

Best of luck to you.

how have u managed to get ur aMSN webcam to work?

Reaction score
Im having the same issue with my buddies who use MSN and I cant get Amsn to work with the wecam, I see the webcam from my buddy but he cant see me, weve tried yahoo mess, and all the rest posted.

Ive tried to change my video settings but still doesnt work for me.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
In ichat, using aim, is it possible to get the webcam to work if only one party has one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.