How to view posts since?

Jem

Reaction score
This may be already addressed or if not, then it's a feature request!

When I go to view posts since my last visit, sometimes it won't show me everything since my last "proper" visit as I may have viewed a single message from a subscribed thread since then.

That's logical enough, no complaints there. But, just say I knew I'd been here yesterday and wanted to catch up on all the posts in the last 24 hours... how can I do this?

If I go to the Advanced Search and select all posts in the last 24 hours it won't let me search unless I enter a search string - obviously I don't want a search string, I just want EVERYTHING in the last 24 hours but I can't see any way of doing that???

Any suggestions or is this currently impossible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
On the Home link of the Forum, you can choose to view either the latest posts, or all posts from the last 24 hours. You can choose the latter by choosing "Today's Posts".

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
I think a lot of people bookmark the Forums page and miss out on this feature.....then there's the time difference too....who's "today" are we looking at....if I look at today's posts I don't see the ones I read this morning...I'm just adding this...it's not an issue to me!

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
Ahhh ok that's a help - I do go in through the forums page and didn't know about that feature.

Although, that's not as flexible as the search page would be without the "you must search for text" limitation... if I were away and wanted to catch up on a weeks worth of posts I'd have no way of doing that?

It's not much of an issue, just a "would like to have"...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for the suggestion Jem.

S

sursuciofla

I would like to be able to view my own posts without having to go to a post I made, clicking my screen name, and then clicking Find More Posts by sursuciofla...

So then if I leave and come back "whenever" I can respond to questions or see replies without having to dig for them. Maybe a link in My Profile section when I am logged in or something. I have searched everywhere for something like that but can only find it by clicking on my own screen name, but even then I have to search for a posting I made to even get to it.

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
If you go to Search -> Advanced Search you can then type in your name in the "find all posts by..." section and hit search.

That works without having to enter a word in the search text... is that the kind of thing you mean?

S

sursuciofla

Yeah but I was thinking something that involved no typing, just clicking, but can't complain, it's definately a lot better than what I was doing before. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
sursuciofla said:
I have searched everywhere for something like that but can only find it by clicking on my own screen name, but even then I have to search for a posting I made to even get to it.
If you click on Quick Links, then on My Profile, it takes you to the same screen you get by clicking on your name in one of the posts. No searching needed.

Picture 1.png

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
On the Home link of the Forum, you can choose to view either the latest posts, or all posts from the last 24 hours. You can choose the latter by choosing "Today's Posts".

Oi!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but where's this feature gone??? I'd been using it for weeks, went on holiday last week, came back and it's vanished. All that's at the top of the forum home page now is an advert :blind:

Ok so I may be the only person in the forum who uses it but can I have it back please? Or, if it's been moved somewhere else could you tell me where?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Oi!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but where's this feature gone??? I'd been using it for weeks, went on holiday last week, came back and it's vanished. All that's at the top of the forum home page now is an advert :blind:

Ok so I may be the only person in the forum who uses it but can I have it back please? Or, if it's been moved somewhere else could you tell me where?

The home page has vanished with the recent upgrade. The Today's Posts link can now be found in the Quick Links at the top of each page

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
Woohoo got it, cheers michael. :)

I must say I hadn't noticed an upgrade... the site just seems slower than usual (but it could be my work internet... some people here may actually be working I suppose ;))

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.