Switcher Looking to Reformat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I bought my iBook g3 800mhz back in May from eBay for 389$USD(did i get a good deal?) and to my surprise it still had the applecare until June of '07! Anyways, since then I have upgraded the RAM to 384 and because I was running tiger, things were running much better. But now, I can't help but think that I should have reformatted and reinstalled my OSX when I first got the laptop. The performance seems to be declining slowly now, and since I haven't reformated it yet. I think now would be a good time to.

How do I do this? I was never good at doing in on a PC, though I can do everything else(even build them from parts).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Just stick in the original install disk and hit "Restart".

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
surfwax95 said:
Just stick in the original install disk and hit "Restart".
lol, no kidding? its that easy? will this reformat the hard drive and reinstall the OS?

Simplicity...another reason I love mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If it's an OS X Install Disk, then yes, it will give you options to reformat and erase all data, or just reinstall the OS around existing data (Archive & Install).

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.