Made the switch...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad
Well... little did I know when I took yesterday off from work that my new 24" iMac had shown up 2 days early and was sitting at my desk waiting for me! I would have run in to get it in a heartbeat... oh well, I made it through today and dragged the beast home. Wow, don't try carrying that box too far!

I have to say that I haven't been this excited about a new computer since I saved enough money to buy a IIe to replace my Timex Sinclair! And that was the last Apple I ownded.

So far, although feeling a little lost navigating around, I am really enjoying the new machine. This thing is sweet.

I was pretty lucky on the timing of the purchase. I had been seriously shopping for a few weeks. I decided to stop at a local reseller to get some hands on with the 20" iMac. He treated me well, and said he'd meet all the on-line prices, so I was planning on just screen shotting what I wanted and purchasing from the reseller. Then, of course I couldn't wait, so I tried calling Apple Australia to just order. Turns out they were closed. Typical Australia. When I logged on first thing in the morning the new Core 2 Duo machines were there, including the 24". When I called this time I placed one of the early Australian orders for the new machine.

Seems the thing to do is post some of the details...
Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: iMac (24")
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
And the 500 GB drive.

I think that's the highlights... Basically everything I could get my hands on from Apple, save some memory.

Anyway, glad to be here and trying something new!

shipsupt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.1 GHZ
Congrats on your new mac!! I have been deciding on a new Mac to replace my old desktop; just not sure if I want the 24" iMac or the Mac Pro.

Reaction score
Congrats! Just made the switch myself so know how exciting it is. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Awesome! I hope your new purchase brings you much happiness. I am still trying to decide on whether or not I should go with the 24" myself or if the 20" will suffice. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Congrats! and welcome to M-F.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.