Torrent Programs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I am currently a pc user, and a very happy one! Although I am a person who likes change. When I graduate high school I'm looking into getting an ibook. However I am an avid downloader and torrents are my best friend. I was wondering if there was any torrent programs avaliable for a mac. This will either make of break my mac experience hehe, thanks!

Also what video players can be installed on a mac? windows has quicktime which is a mac program so on a windows pc you can play about every type of video file. Is mac picky?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
torrents

yes there's torrent managers for the mac.

azureus for example can do anything
you can do in pc land :mac:

and vlc for example plays most files :mac:

T

todd51

Yea, I just use the regular Bittorrent client and it works good for me, great speeds and everything! I tried Azureus but it seems to not open on the Intel based macs, but since you are getting an ibook, it should be fine.

OP
Glenners
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks alot guys! Since I just found a bunch of programs on torrentspy for a mac I'm happy.

Jem

Reaction score
todd51 - you must've downloaded an old copy of Azureus, I'm running it fine on my Intel iMac, it does nearly everything BitComet did on the PC, the only thing I'd like to see is scheduled bandwidth limiters due to my lousy ISPs Fair Usage policy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
todd51 said:
Yea, I just use the regular Bittorrent client and it works good for me, great speeds and everything! I tried Azureus but it seems to not open on the Intel based macs, but since you are getting an ibook, it should be fine.

there are two separate azureus progs you need the intel one, which works
seemlessly on my macbook :) the other only runs for ppc machines in os x :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Tomato Torrent seems to be popular among my friends, but it was pretty slow for me.

If you can deal with the lower picture quality, VLC Media Player plays most things well.

OP
Glenners
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So vlc plays videos in low quality? Are tehre any other video players that play avi , wmv , mpg, mpeg and so on? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Glenners said:
So vlc plays videos in low quality? Are tehre any other video players that play avi , wmv , mpg, mpeg and so on? Thanks!
well Flip4Mac(.com?) allows you to play wmv's on quicktime and i have no experience with VLC on mac but on PC it plays them in a lower quality but its far from bad

C

chasincharpchui

okay ppl i am a noob at mac

i need help! peers seem to always be 0 and seeds are 0 too
ive tried using bittorrent and transmission

i have the mac witht the intel chip

wen i use my pc, the speeds are fine, but wen i use my mac it neva seems to want to download, if it does, its like at 5.0kb max

need help

Reaction score
Tomato is the best I feel

Download it.go to ISOHUNT.Download your Torrent to your desktop.drag your Torrent into Tomato and he presto!

C

chasincharpchui

yeh but how do i get more seeds and peers connected
it seems wateva torrent d/loader i use its the same thing. slow speeds and 1 peer or something

on the pc it works fine, its juss my mac that doesnt wanna download faster

wat do i do ppl, any suggestions? im sure im not the only one witht this prob right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, Dual Proc 2.6GHz
Transmission works great for me. I originally downloaded the one from bittorrent.com. But that one kept stalling out and wasn't working good.

Jem

Reaction score
chasincharpchui - sounds like you're firewalled or have NAT setup issues - this can result in slow speeds as only your torrent client can initiate connections so your bandwidth drops way down.

Are you behind a router? What's your setup?

Reaction score
got a whit mac book - its all about transmission. I saw the light and left pcs for my mac book and compared to azureus transmission is a dream to use! And super fast for me for most things!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.