• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Safari v67 and 10.2.5 News...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Source: ThinkSecret.com

A new beta release of Apple's Safari web browser, version 67, leaked out this week. In our last article on beta v64, we reported on improvements to tabbed browsing and AutoFill for completing web forms.

Now, in beta v67, tabs and AutoFill have been moved from the hidden Debug menu into Safari's Preferences panel, indicating that these new features are nearly ready for prime time. The last publicly released Safari beta was v60, posted on February 12, which doesn't come equipped with tabbed browsing and other recent updates we've described in our reports.

The AutoFill section of Safari's Preferences allows you to select what information to draw on to fill in web forms, including the Address Book, "user names and passwords," and "other forms." The General section includes an option for whether links from other applications should be opened in a new window or in the current window. The Tabs section contains the features previously located in the Debug menu -- such as enabling tabbed browsing, and setting whether new tabs should be brought to the front when they are created from links -- along with the ability to always show the tab bar.

Safari v67 also includes a new AutoFill button on the toolbar, as well as an "AutoFill Form" option in the Edit menu. When the tab bar is filled with tabs, an arrow appears at the end, which, when clicked on, lists the pages which don't fit.

In other news, a fresh pre-release build of the Mac OS X v10.2.5 update, 6L14, was seeded to developers last week. The seed notes accompanying this update contain information not included with the previous seed: According to Apple, the update includes improvements to AirPort, Bluetooth, Classic, FireWire, graphics, Image Capture, Mail, and OpenGL, as well as AFP, web services, dial-up PPP connections, Windows file services, audio disc recording, and printing.

Since the last seed, Apple has improved USB modem connections, the Bluetooth Kernel APIs, and copying to an SMB volume, and has added support for a number of new third-party CD-RW drives. Additionally, a variety of bugs have been fixed since the last seed. Apple suggested that developers focus their testing efforts on dial-up connections, graphics, Bluetooth devices, Managed Client Environments, audio devices, XML/RPC applications, file sharing to SMF and AFP volumes, and DVD playback.

Additionally, there are indications that Apple may release a security update next week, addressing a Samba vulnerability which could allow "unauthorized remote access to the host system." According to a release note obtained by Think Secret, the update would also fix an OpenSSL issue involving RSA private keys.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Screenshot time....

Here's the about box

(outdated link removed)

Tabs have been added into preferences

(outdated link removed)

Auto-Fill is also now in the preferences

(outdated link removed)

And an auto-fill button on the toolbar

(outdated link removed)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I managed to secure a copy of v67, but have not looked at it yet. Is it more stable, than v64?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find it to be MUCH more stable than v64. It also seems to be much faster as well. However, I discovered a new bug with v67 whith Mac-Forums. The file attachments "choose file" button does not work at all. You press it and it doesn't do anything. I submitted a bug report to Apple, we'll see if they fix it ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I guess, I'll have to try it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
My v67 is very stable. Much more than past unreleased betas.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried the attach file button when posting on Mac-Forums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
Yeah. It doesn't work. I reported it to Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.