• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

making a dvd from avi's

M

mushxroomxheadx

how do I make a dvd to play on my dvd player using avi's i tryed converting stuff with ivcd and visual hub and all this other stuff and closest i got with a dvd to play is from virtual hub but i got maybbe the opening credits from all 12 of my files wich is like a few mins each so anyone help please? I want to put 12 shows on a dvd or half on 2 dvd's not 1 per dvd or 2 thankyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Well, I'm no video expert, and I've only toyed with iMovie to this point, but I imported some .avi files into iMovie and was able to add transitions between them, crop out portions of video I didn't want, etc. And I believe there's an option to export to iDVD within iMovie. Not sure if this helps!

OP
M

mushxroomxheadx

no help at all i need some deff info now and no toast7 does not work very well for me very much lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
mushxroomxheadx said:
no help at all i need some deff info now
Well, since my advice was obviously so pitifully inadequate, I'd suggest you use the Search feature in these forums before posting a question next time. Using Search, I've found a few other threads related to finding the information you need "now", but I'll let you do that rather than provide a link to these threads so I don't risk being "no help at all" once again.

OP
M

mushxroomxheadx

wow are u a **** **** off i said nice simple words and u take the wrong way also i did search before asking and they didnt work either you stupid ****ing ****

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hey mushxroomxheadx your new on this forum and making quite a first impression. He simply gave you some information and you threw it in his face that it was bad, that was kinda rude. Then he was offended and told you to search which is a good idea. Now no matter who is right or wrong there is no need for all that language. This forum can be a great resource for help and if you act like that you wont be welcome here, and that will be your loss!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
help

mushxroomxheadx said:
wow are u a **** **** off i said nice simple words and u take the wrong way also i did search before asking and they didnt work either you stupid ****ing ****

a guy tries to help and look what he gets - abuse
methinks the mods are not looking.

the guy who posted this needs more than help with his dvds :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.