• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

best settings to export from imovie

D

diana

which are the best settings to export from imovie in highest quality (in europe)?

need an urgent answer. working on an exhibition project which is due soon. (yes, i'm one of those useless artists :flower: ).

thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
DV quality.

It is one of the options to export in full quality DV, that is the best quality you can export with.

OP
D

diana

PowerBookG4 said:
DV quality.

It is one of the options to export in full quality DV, that is the best quality you can export with.

is that dv? dvcpro? or dvcpro50? if dv, what rate? 48.000, 44.000, 32.000?

thanks for a quick answer.

OP
S

sursuciofla

DV stream, I don't know of any other DV settings unless that is a new feature in the '06 ilife which I do not have. And those other numbers are audio numbers so it really doesn't matter. I always just use default 32 kHz. Are you showing this as web or putting it on disc or what? That is going to be a huge file.

OP
D

diana

i will put in on a disc and it should be the best quality. i'm using imovie 5 and there are these 3 options: dv, dvcpro, dvcpro50. so which one?
thank you.

OP
S

sursuciofla

DV. That's the highest quality you imported from apparantly so that's the option you should export in since you aren't compressing it. What kind of disc is this going on because an hour is about 10GB? The other two are higher quality dv tape formats and from my understanding you can't create higher quality from lower quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.