Old iPod for you...

Reaction score
So, I thought apple would wait and launch their new iPods after the buy a mac get a free ipod promo ended.

So, if you buy a Mac you get an old iPod. The only way to even find the page to buy an old iPod is if you put a computer in your cart it takes you to a page to order an old iPod.

While its free which is cool, I expect to see a lot of upset customers when their rebates are turned down.

Reaction score
Or you do the promotion to blow out the inventory of the now 'old' Nano's
so you're not left with a glut of 'old' nano's that you have to sell for much less now.

its good business.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think its good to give them away while they are current models, but once they are no longer current people are going to order the new one thinking they are getting an amazing deal but then their rebates will get turned down.

I am just happy i sold my free nano last week while they were still current. went for $163.

C

CWMac

climbguy said:
I think its good to give them away while they are current models, but once they are no longer current people are going to order the new one thinking they are getting an amazing deal but then their rebates will get turned down.

I am just happy i sold my free nano last week while they were still current. went for $163.

We dont get the free nano offer over here in UK ,instead its a rebate cash offer. Still im happy with my £100/$180 ill get back :spook:

OP
C
Reaction score
2gb nano's were priced at $170 here. So i guess they charge more for the little guys on the other side of the pond.

CWMac said:
We dont get the free nano offer over here in UK ,instead its a rebate cash offer. Still im happy with my £100/$180 ill get back :spook:

OP
C
Reaction score
little guys: ipod nanos

other side of the pond: atlantic

When I said little guys I didn't mean people.

Reaction score
Ow, I was going to say.

Had pictures in my head of 'Special offer, buy a Mac and get a free little guy on the other side of the pond'.

Reaction score
"Had pictures in my head of 'Special offer, buy a Mac and get a free little guy on the other side of the pond'."

That would be the St. Paddy's Day giveaway :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.