Does stuff go bad in macs?

F

Fluxburn

I have a pc and am used to replacing parts when they go bad. Like harddrives and memory etc. I guess it would just be the same with the mac right? I hear people say the mac memory is the best... is that right? Wouldn't Cosair memory be better then mac's memory?

OP
H

hokiethang

Fluxburn said:
I have a pc and am used to replacing parts when they go bad. Like harddrives and memory etc. I guess it would just be the same with the mac right? I hear people say the mac memory is the best... is that right? Wouldn't Cosair memory be better then mac's memory?

Mac hardware does fail, but when it does, 90% of the time it can be replaced by the end user or is fixed for free as part of the warranty (3 years of apple care is an awesome deal). Apple care is one of the few customer support lines i have heard good things about whereas i have horror stories a plenty for other computer manufacturers. Parts dont go bad as often in Macs because the parts they use are higher quality parts. Other companies (dell especially) buy the cheapest parts so they can keep their prices down. Cheaper parts normally equal lower quality. Apple machines cost more for a reason, they arent built with whatever is the cheapest, they are built with whatever works the best.

As for the memory, there really isnt Mac memory. Mac machines are more stable because of their parts, but I wouldnt place it solely on the RAM. Corsair memory is good, but best for overclockers which is a domain ruled by PC users. The Samsung memory that comes in an apple machine is designed as part of the system and because of that, it produces a much more stable system, and an overall better system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ive had apples for a long time and only have 1 failing HD in a G4 powermac from like 2001 (which in the scheme of things (me owning macs) is really a new mac), but i fixed that problem with an external FW hd :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.