capturing digital signal from satellite

M

mcguigan86

How can I capture the digital signal coming from my satellite and get in on my Mac so I can burn some copies of TV shows onto DVD

OP
P

PowerbookG417

you need to get a TV in card ...you can get them for internal or external and it will just give you an s-video or a co-ax connection that you would plug in the cable going from you satalite to tv into your computer...now if you are planning to copy these shows make sure you get written concent from them to tape their show, because if not then its copyright

OP
C

Chamorro

mcguigan86 said:
How can I capture the digital signal coming from my satellite and get in on my Mac so I can burn some copies of TV shows onto DVD

Would the Eye TV or the Studio TVR be what you're looking for? These function much like Tivo's on the Mac, and include tuners. If you don't need the TV tuner, you should look at video capture devices such as the Dazzle Hollywood or ADS AVLink-type devices. My advice: look for one with a FireWire interface (rather than USB).

OP
B

beneale

I'd like my iMac to behave like a dumb TV monitor. I plan to have audio/video distributed throughout my house, with infra-red controlling the Sky digibox source. There wil be RCA connectors for video and stereo audio.

I have no need of a a TV Tuner, I simply want to be able to feed audio/video into my iMac in order to view it. Channel switching etc will be taken care using my Sky Remote and infra-red.

Would the Formac Studio DV do this?.Does it come with straightfoward viewing software, so that input can be viewed fullscreen in realtime?

Thanks

Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.