Skype Video

Reaction score
I searched and found a few topics on Skype and video and apparently someone said it works.

I downloaded the Skype for Mac with Video Preview Beta version, all the settings appears to be correct, video is enabled etc, but a video call (whether I make or receive) just doesn't work. I get the video icon, if I click on it, it opens on my side, but nothing happens on the other end, same when the other person initiates a video call.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Since its beta, there isn't much to say. I have the same version on my MBP and it works perfectly fine. Try uninstalling it and reisntalling it. It may or may not work.

I'd also double check your video settings.

is your Mac an Intel-based one? If not, then that could be part of the issue too.

Reaction score
psycht said:
Since its beta, there isn't much to say. I have the same version on my MBP and it works perfectly fine. Try uninstalling it and reisntalling it. It may or may not work.

I'd also double check your video settings.

is your Mac an Intel-based one? If not, then that could be part of the issue too.

Rubbish. Its more likely not to work on an Intel machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
I tried the beta version and it worked fine but cut off after a few minutes.
I think the install is no longer beta now but i havent tried it since.

Reaction score
yogi said:
Rubbish. Its more likely not to work on an Intel machine.

Nah. I have a MBP and haven't had one problem with video confrencing on Skype.

OP
O
Reaction score
psycht said:
Nah. I have a MBP and haven't had one problem with video confrencing on Skype.

So perhaps it's just a setting on my side? I know it's a beta version but can't see why it'll work on so many people's MB's and MBP's and not on mine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.