Will there be a White MacBook class-action?

Reaction score
so with everyone's white Macbook losing color does anyone see a class--action in the future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
C
Reaction score
Kevin, have you tried taking it to an authorized repair center?

S

set0

kevin_msu said:
i hope so.

apple is playing Hard ball with me on my crappy MacBook case.

Really? You guys are referring to the discoloration of the palm area right?

My friend was having that problem. It wasn't even that severe; there was just a little light brown tint to the casing. Nonetheless, I went with her to the Apple store to get it replaced. She just told them of the discoloration and the guy immediately said, "looks like we'll have to replace that for you." 4 hours later, she got her Macbook back with the entire inner casing replaced (2 pieces) for FREE (under warranty.. originally a $200+ repair). They also made her touchpad button more "clickey" without her having said anything about it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I doubt there will be any lawsuit. I have heard of many with the problem and Apple replaced the top casing every time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Why on earth would there be a class action over it? Mine was replaced almost 2 months ago, and it had barely any discolouration at all! It's hardly something to get worked up about ...

OP
C
Reaction score
I am not getting 'worked up' about it I have just read things on other sites that mention it.

I am not requesting a class action, just asking what other people think about the topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't think any legal action will be taken , but apple is slipping up on the quality of their products, I have a macbook pro 17 inch, and very unhappy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
climbguy said:
I am not getting 'worked up' about it I have just read things on other sites that mention it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were getting worked up about it, but I know a lot of people are, sometimes to the point of suggesting silly extremes. A lawsuit wouldn't help anything, as it'd be highly unlikely to win. Apple have been replacing top cases for a couple of months now, and 2 days in applecare or 1 hour in store is enough to get it swapped over.

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
I don't think any legal action will be taken , but apple is slipping up on the quality of their products, I have a macbook pro 17 inch, and very unhappy.

Apple doesn't make it, Asus do.

OP
C
Reaction score
That's not the point, apple puts its name on the computer, thus its Apple. If I book a flight with US Air but its an express flight by mesa, from a customer standpoint its US Air. If you have a problem with the flight you call US Air. The same thing with a Apple.

My HD came from toshiba...but if it fails I calling Apple.

lionel said:
Apple doesn't make it, Asus do.

Reaction score
i'm a little sore about it because i've had my computer less than three months but it looks like i've had it three years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.