Blackout!!

Reaction score
Hi ppls! Just a question...I was using my iMac when there was a power cut, thus the comp shut downed with all my open apps. Now in Windows, when I turn on my comp again in situation like these, it would say 'windows was not shut down properly, etc' and do a scan on my drives for errors and what not. But on a Mac, it just boots up like normal. Should I be worried about errors and stuff when my Mac wasn't shut down properly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
Maybe you should repair permissions in disk utility. Just to be safe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
check disk, boot up in your restore disk and run disk utility and check/repair your disk.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks!! I tried the advise given, and this msg came out:

Repairing permissions for “Macintosh HD”
Determining correct file permissions.
Group differs on ./private/etc/authorization, should be 80, group is 0
Owner and group corrected on ./private/etc/authorization
Permissions corrected on ./private/etc/authorization

Does it mean anything to anybody out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
i doubt it has anything to do with a blackout..

Reaction score
askay said:
Hi ppls! Just a question...I was using my iMac when there was a power cut, thus the comp shut downed with all my open apps. Now in Windows, when I turn on my comp again in situation like these, it would say 'windows was not shut down properly, etc' and do a scan on my drives for errors and what not. But on a Mac, it just boots up like normal. Should I be worried about errors and stuff when my Mac wasn't shut down properly?

For a while I would just be more attentive to your iMacs performance and don't worry about the permissions they are fine.

Overall your iMac seems to be unaffected and I'm sure you would know it if there was something wrong in your circumstances.

Good idea to get a surge protector for your expensive electrical equipment like your iMac ..... :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.