Wireless access at my school

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
School has started and I go to a school where they give you a dell laptop as part of your tuition. Well, students have to "sign up" for wireless access.

I got to school right when it opened and was the 4th person in line at the IT room. I filled out my paper work and they had a 10 pages of instructions on how to set up your PC for wireless for the school!

10 freaken pages!

I told him I had a Mac and he said he didn't think it would work.

I just turned my powerbook on, clicked on Safari and it was all ready to go. I just had to enter my password and student ID. The IT guy couldn't believe it! I but my powerbook back in my bag and said thank you and went out in the hall and there was about 15 students inline most of which said that they were having problems figuring out how to configure their Dell for wireless access!

hahaha

God bless Apple computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
That is the problem with most IT people at the bottom-feeding level (i.e, idiots on the phone with comcast cable). They don't know anything, they just follow a list of instructions.

My comcast cable crapped out a while ago and I KNEW it was the modem. It was years old, and the one they retired but I never had it replaced. I kept telling the guy, it's not my computer, I have a router, I have tried the modem without a router with TWO pc's, and TWO apples. But no, he kept following his stupid list of to do. I wanted to just yell at him, "I AM A COMPUTER SCIENCE MAJOR AND I HAVE A CCNA, I KNOW THIS CRAP YOU ARE TELLING ME DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!" Finally he had to tell me to go pickup a new modem from the local comcast office. Such a freaking joke!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
I'm just discovering that people who are supposed to be knowledgeable about computers and their peripherals are completely ignorant about Macs. I went to Staples to purchase a mouse for my MacBook (they carry various computer peripherals and PC notebooks in my locale) and the sales guy told me he didn't know if a USB mouse would work with a Mac. He's like, "I'll have to check that out for you." I said, no thanks, I got it...and hurried away. Tis really sad.

Reaction score
Its economics, staples pays $8/hour or something like that. If you know what your talking about your not going to get a job working for $8/hour.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
climbguy said:
Its economics, staples pays $8/hour or something like that. If you know what your talking about your not going to get a job working for $8/hour.
I'd probably agree with you in most other instances, but this knowledge is pretty basic.

P

pritska

Aslain, I agree with you totally!
I work as a computer consultant in London and serve a lot of Americans, who love Macs. Well, the kids all do, parents are still PC users.
I have been using a Mac for around 4 years and absolutely love it. I also hear from my customers that they are so glad they found someone who knows about Macs! Anytime anyone asks me what computer to get, I advise them to get a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.