HELP!! Pro Tools is freaking out!

B

blixa

I'm running osx tiger on a G4 laptop.
When I click on the Protools symbol in my tray, it opens script editor and gives me this message: Unable to read the dictionary of the application or extension because it is not scriptable. To get out of it I have to force quit script editor. I have just found a way around this by clicking on a protools file, then the program will launch. I am, however, terrified of corrupting my files if something sinister is really at work here. I'm trying to finish some vocals for an album, so time is pretty important. Any suggestions as to what's wrong and what i can do about it would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi, can I suggest you remove the ProTools icon from your dock, then navigate to ProTools in your Applications folder and launch it from there.

If all goes well, first click to keep the icon in your dock then quit the app and relaunch it from the dock.....fingers crossed.

OP
B

blixa

Pulse-8 said:
Hi, can I suggest you remove the ProTools icon from your dock, then navigate to ProTools in your Applications folder and launch it from there.

If all goes well, first click to keep the icon in your dock then quit the app and relaunch it from the dock.....fingers crossed.

unfortunately, it does the same thing when i launch it from my apps folder. thanks for the suggestion, though.

OP
B

blixa

Pulse-8 said:
So what if any changes have you made to your system lately?

well, to be quite honest, i was trying to open a crack sent to me by a very trusted friend, and it wouldn't open, so i changed the extention to scpt, cause i thought that might be better. still can't figure out how that might have changed my protools icon link though, as the program runs fine if i open it from a file, just not if i try to open it empty. please excuse my embarassing lack of more technical information, and the probable stupidity of what i did there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.