Cleaning My Screen

Reaction score
Alright what do you all use to clean your screen? I have a 15 inch mackbook pro with the non-glossy finish. I have some dust and a few water marks. What should I use?

Reaction score
i just was wondering the same thing, ill tell you what i did. i was browsing around in office depot around the notebook section, and i found 2- 4oz. bottles of their own brand screen cleaner for 6$. i just sprayed that on a microfiber towel and cleaned all surfaces of the brand new macbook i had just bought 2 weeks ago and am loving. screen looks great by the way.

Reaction score
I bought some of the same sort of stuff here locally and it left streaks. this little issue is starting to drive me nuts.

Reaction score
cjay said:
I bought some of the same sort of stuff here locally and it left streaks. this little issue is starting to drive me nuts.

i did not have the same problem. you ahve to only spray it on the cloth, and then wipe that on, then take the dry side and dry the book completely. you will feel when it starts to dry, the towel will run across the surface smoother.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
kevin_msu said:
If I'm not mistaken, Windex contains ammonia, which will eat away at the surface after a while. Not cool.

I clean my MacBook screen with a half and half mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Cleans wonderfully and leaves no streaks/residue.

Reaction score
Aslain said:
If I'm not mistaken, Windex contains ammonia, which will eat away at the surface after a while. Not cool.

I clean my MacBook screen with a half and half mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Cleans wonderfully and leaves no streaks/residue.

fair enough.

but i've been using it on my other laptop for nearly four years and its fine.

Reaction score
Aslain said:

Was just about to try Windex then thought better of it. I need to buy some of that isopropyl alcohol for the screen and the MM scrollball.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
get Stoner's Invisible Glass, done deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I use CleanDr. and a microfiber.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.