Thinking of getting a new iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Just get back from my local apple store.
I was quite impressed with the new iMac's.
I am considering getting one.
Now I am wondering whether it is worth it to upgrade the RAM?
I will just use Word and QuickBook, and browse the web.
Nothing special.
So in the near future when Leopard will be released, would I find problems with the 512mb of ram?
Also I am considering the 17 inch 1.87ghz one.
Oh yeah I have a macbook as well. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
More ram never hurts. :) You can always purchase additional ram from some place other than Apple directly and save yourself some dough. :black:

P

pritska

In this age/time, I would NOT buy a machine with less than 1Gb. I think, always buy the maximum you can afford in a machine. My 4 yr old iMac G4 has had a 1Gb upgrade, and now has 1.25Gb (inspite of Apple saying it can only take 1gb max.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
BlueBacchus said:
So in the near future when Leopard will be released, would I find problems with the 512mb of ram?
Also I am considering the 17 inch 1.87ghz one.
Oh yeah I have a macbook as well. :p
512MB? All the new Core 2 Duo iMacs come standard with 1GB, except the base 17". It makes A LOT more sense to save and spend the extra 200 dollars for the next one up because it has so many more features: dedicated graphics, 1GB RAM standard, SuperDrive, etc.

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Yea I guess I will look into it.
Thx guys though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Aslain said:
512MB? All the new Core 2 Duo iMacs come standard with 1GB, except the base 17". It makes A LOT more sense to save and spend the extra 200 dollars for the next one up because it has so many more features: dedicated graphics, 1GB RAM standard, SuperDrive, etc.

I have to agree. If you spend a little extra you will get 1GB standard, superdrive, better graphic card, and a faster processor.

In this case I think the extra money would be very well spent bumping up a model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.