iMac or MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
i am getting a new mac. well, actually two. 1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend. at first i was planning on getting an iMac 2Ghz 20" and get her a MacBook 1.8. i am also a student so having a latop would be nice. so i was wondering if there would be any noticable difference between and iMac and a MacBook that have the same specs (2Ghz and 1GB RAM)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
well yes take it from me. I bought a macbook then took it back and got a core 2 duo imac. The imac is much faster. honestly I wasnt too happy, my macbook was not working to good. So now i have the imac and it is very fast. Also does not overheat. My macbook ran real hot, without many processor intensive tasks.

Reaction score
I have a MacBook and I find it to run fast. Make sure to upgrade the memory.

U

UncSki1218

The iMac would be faster because they just updated it to include the Core 2 Duo while the MacBook runs a Core Duo. It also has a much larger screen which is always nice. I have an iMac and I wish I had gotten a laptop sometimes. Portability is always nice. If you need/would want portability go MacBook. If you want more power and screen size go iMac. If it's still a hard decision I would go to the store and mess around with both of them.

Reaction score
What are you going to use the computer for? If its for general computing tasks, Word, email, web go for the macbook.

If you are going to edit video or mix audio a large part of the time i would go with the imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
sursuciofla said:
Save up for your honeymoon.

Lol, it depends really, whatb will your general tasks be? Email, light photoshop, internet, ichat, notes, etc. A macbook would be nice. But if your a graphic designer the imac will be the superior choice.

OP
SeVeN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
well i use my G3 now for internet, iTunes, iChat and MSN messenger. but i would like to do some stuff on iMovie (nothing big) once i get a G5 in any form.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.