Copy and paste problems

Reaction score
I have recently moved from a 20 history with Microsoft that started with MS-Dos 2.11 to a Mac Pro and OS X.

On my Windows platforms I was always able to highlight and copy text with pictures from a web page and paste them into a Word document. So far I have been unable to accomplish that with Word from Mac Office 2004, NeoOffice, TextEdit, or Pages. With teach of these programs the text copies and pastes but not the pictures.

For instrance if someone posts a tutorial or procedure on a Photography forum and I want to keep a copy locally in word I would select, copy, and then paste into Word, pictures or diagrams as well as the text.

On the Windows platform I could do this from Firefox or IE. Neither Safari or Firefox will do this on the Mac Pro as far as I can see.

Is there a different method on the Mac platform to accomplish this, other that Highlight, Copy and Paste that I am doing now?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep. Drag the image from your browser to your desktop (or onto your harddrive icon, hover over that until a finder window opens and then to wherever you want to save it.) or straight into Word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Go get a copy of iClip, its free and its good for copying and pasting multiple things, its like a better version of the clipboard in Windows.

If you want a website to keep I always use Safari and then go File-Print-PDF-Save as PDF.

That saves the entire page as a pdf which is how I do it for tutorials and that kind of thing.

OP
C
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Yep. Drag the image from your browser to your desktop (or onto your harddrive icon, hover over that until a finder window opens and then to wherever you want to save it.) or straight into Word.

Thanks, so I have to paste the text and then grab the graphics and plug them separately into the word document? Well that is certaily a step backwards for the Wintel way.

I'll give it a try.

Andy

OP
C
Reaction score
davetheblaze said:
Go get a copy of iClip, its free and its good for copying and pasting multiple things, its like a better version of the clipboard in Windows.

If you want a website to keep I always use Safari and then go File-Print-PDF-Save as PDF.

That saves the entire page as a pdf which is how I do it for tutorials and that kind of thing.

Thanks, I'll take a look at iClip.

Reaction score
cipher said:
Thanks, so I have to paste the text and then grab the graphics and plug them separately into the word document? Well that is certaily a step backwards for the Wintel way.

I'll give it a try.

Andy

Yeah, it's annoying, isn't it? It just doesn't work smoothly if you're trying to paste multiple images from multiple locations into one presentation. One of the very few ways in which Windows currently rises above OSX. The worst thing is that sometimes it appears to work until you try to open your presentation elsewhere and all the images are nothing more than links.... :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.