Sharing devices between MacBook and PC ...

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a MacBook, and have to say I'm delighted with it. At present it only has 512mb of ram in it, and I have to say it grinds to an almost total halt when running parallels, so a 2Gb upgrade has moved to the top of my priority list. I haven't looked at BootCamp yet, but have taken a look at Crossover and think it may have potential in some applications that I will continue to use during this transitionary phase (I know that I'm going to go solidly Mac, but am struggling to let go of my pc leanings quite yet!)

My question is this ... I'm looking to run both my MacBook and my pc in tandem at the moment, and am wondering what the situation is with sharing devices between both? I currently have a Dell 19" monitor, a Microsoft Intellimouse and a Belkin wireless keyboard hooked up to my pc. Ideally I'd like to purchase a wireless Apple Keyboard and a wireless Mighty Mouse (info on the cheapest place to buy these appreciated!) but am wondering whether or not these would be compatible with my PC? Ideally, I'd like to be able to use them with both the PC and the MacBook, but since they are wireless bluetooth, I don't think I'll be able to switch them using a KVM of any sort. Is there a solution out there that would make this possible? Alternatively, if I go with a wired keyboard and mighty mouse, will they work through a KVM between the PC and MacBook? Any recommendations on a KVM that would support this?

Any advice duly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.