Ordered,waiting, and wanting!

C

CWMac

Well ive *kinda* switched lol. I use mac at college( im a mature student for my sins lol) and use pc at home ( hate the term pc tbh as isnt EVERY home computer a personal one :D )

Now ordered a MacBook base model with 1gig ram. More than enough to do what i need at college and at home , and between dual booting and the pc im covered for everything. Also nice to get edu discount here in UK thru NUS (Student union) and also get £100 back since i bagged myself a 30gig iPod too (rather pleased since that makes the iPod £101 after rebate :)

Now i gotta wait till someone somewhere WALKS with my order and takes 11 days aparently :( dont they know pigeons can go quicker than that lol ? Was bad/cheeky enough they said 5 days to build and when i ordered and then paid it changed to 9 days grrrr. Now its another 11 to get to my door /cry.

Hope to have shiney happiness soon in my hands !

Guess i could call myself a DualSwitcher :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - White, 2.0Ghz, 1GB Ram, week 35
CWMac said:
Well ive *kinda* switched lol. I use mac at college( im a mature student for my sins lol) and use pc at home ( hate the term pc tbh as isnt EVERY home computer a personal one :D )

Now ordered a MacBook base model with 1gig ram. More than enough to do what i need at college and at home , and between dual booting and the pc im covered for everything. Also nice to get edu discount here in UK thru NUS (Student union) and also get £100 back since i bagged myself a 30gig iPod too (rather pleased since that makes the iPod £101 after rebate :)

Now i gotta wait till someone somewhere WALKS with my order and takes 11 days aparently :( dont they know pigeons can go quicker than that lol ? Was bad/cheeky enough they said 5 days to build and when i ordered and then paid it changed to 9 days grrrr. Now its another 11 to get to my door /cry.

Hope to have shiney happiness soon in my hands !

Guess i could call myself a DualSwitcher :D

Watch that ship date. I read somewhere that Apple was having trouble meeting the demand on Macbooks and I've seen people complaining on other boards about their ship dates getting updated with later dates.

I ended up going to an Apple store so I could walk out with it on the same day. They were out of stock on certain Macbook models in the store... the Manager said they were "going through them like water."

OP
C

CWMac

DeNNNiTh said:
Watch that ship date. I read somewhere that Apple was having trouble meeting the demand on Macbooks and I've seen people complaining on other boards about their ship dates getting updated with later dates.

I ended up going to an Apple store so I could walk out with it on the same day. They were out of stock on certain Macbook models in the store... the Manager said they were "going through them like water."

So far so good :) It has apparently shipped ( on the 8th) 9 days after i ordered it (4 days late in my book ) Now its saying delivery by 20th lol. I live in Scotland but not the Outer Hebrides or Orkneys etc lol.

As i said i think someone is walking with my package lol :D

Reaction score
I had the 2gz white book upgraded with the 80 gb hd. I ended up downgrading to the 60 so they could ship it out sooner. Then i but a 120 in so all is well.

OP
C

CWMac

climbguy said:
I had the 2gz white book upgraded with the 80 gb hd. I ended up downgrading to the 60 so they could ship it out sooner. Then i but a 120 in so all is well.

Well well well! Guess whats turned up 5 days early!?

Got home from Uni today and there it was, my MB and iPod :D

Took me a little while to get the net working thru the BThub but i did get it working :)

The only thing im missing so far is a scroll wheel or similar on keyboard and trying to find out how to maximise a window so that it does fill the whole window :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
congrats on your new mac.

the premium pc! hooah!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.