Download manager

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I am still on PC and have used FlashGet for years as a download manager. Has anyone here switched that used FlashGet before and what are you using today?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I just use the built-in manager in Safari.. Whenever you download a file, it opens a smaller window showing the status.. You don't really have advanced features of a dedicated download manager, but it does list what you download and allow you to remove from list/open/show in Finder. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Jem said:
I use iGetter - it's got auto resume, scheduling etc... and integrates neatly with Safari. You can find it at http://www.macupdate.com and it's shareware so free to try out.

A download manager should only be needed if you have dial-up. If you have broadband, then Safari is really all you need.

If not then as Jem suggested, iGetter will sort out those interrupted downloads. :dive:

Jem

Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
A download manager should only be needed if you have dial-up.

I find the download manager great for limiting the speed of my downloads so as my pipe doesn't become clogged up - this means I can still surf / play games / whatever while large files are being downloaded. There's meant to be speed benefits from using multiple connections to the same server but I've rarely noticed any difference.

Oh yeah and they are especially useful if you happen to be on one of the useless ISPs that "encourage" you to download outside of peak hours... :rolleyes:

I'm sure there must be other advantages... though I can't think of any at the moment :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.