Trouble with Apple Mail on OSX

A

angelspex

I have 3 email accounts currently set up on the "mail" program. Yesterday I was able to use the drop down menu to choose what account to send mail with. Today... not only can I NOT do this.. i can't type any info in the To:, Subject : , or other fields.

I am not sure what I did.. but I don't see anything in the preferances section that would have changed this.. Maybe i'm missing something.

I JUST switched to a mac yesterday.. never used one before in my life... but applying what I know of PC's I am getting along.. so plz don't be too vague.. but don't be too techinical either! LOL

Thanks.. it's probably just some stupid random thing i did.

Ang

OP
A

angelspex

Ok.. let me modify this a bit.. the To: and the Subject: fields work when you are looking at the message normally... BUT when you go to "customize" the only options you can choose is the check boxes.. you can't change the drop down box to choose what account to send it on.. or signature line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You shouldn't have to click customize. You should just be able to click the account and signature you want to use

OP
A

angelspex

I have to click "customize" to get it to show me the option of changing accounts and signature.

or....

Is there another way to show me these options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
picture1lu7.png

This is how mine looks. what happens when you check the box in customize to show you the account and signature, and then you click OK. You can't make changes to the fields while you are in customize

OP
A

angelspex

ok... well mine doens't look like that.
lol

So what did i do to break it? LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Take a screenshot of your new mail window (Hold down Shift + Apple and press 4 while holding them. your mouse cursor will turn into a set of crosshairs, press the space bar to turn it into a camera, click the mail window. It will save a picture to your desktop. You can attach it here or upload it to www.imageshack.us and paste the link here)

OP
A

angelspex

Ok.. well i clicked around and some how I got the signature thing back... but still no account menu... Here's a capture..

I uploaded it to my webserver.. so hopefully it works.

normal_Picture_1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go the customize field, check the fields that you want to show up, click OK and you should be all set

OP
A

angelspex

I KNEW it was something totally stupid i was doing! Thanks so much! I'm an Idiot! LOL

Ang

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.